Financial Aid Options
The idea of starting a new career is fun and exciting, but sometimes the burden of the financial obligation can be scary. At the Academy of Pet Careers, we work hard to provide financial aid options to all students.
The resources below will help you begin your financial aid process. Please reach out to our Admissions Director for assistance and guidance through out your planning.
Please Note: the APC is NOT eligible for FAFSA loans or other federal grants.
Government Funding Options
Both state and federal government funding provide a variety of options for students at the Academy of Pet Careers. You can begin by reviewing the options below to see if you are eligible for funding from any of these government organizations.
- Veteran Affairs (VA) offers funding to active military members and their families.
- Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) offers financial assistance and coaching to those who have physical or mental disabilities that keep them from obtaining a job.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) offers a variety of ETA grants for many different situations.
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) is offered by the U.S. Department of Labor to support workers in their search for reemployment.
APC Deferred Loans
We know that bank loans and government funds are not available to all students. Whether you have poor credit or can’t work while attending school, we’ve designed in-house loan options for most every student. With your long-term success in mind, we’ve worked to get your monthly payments as low as possible so you can focus on what’s important, your career.
Our loans require a down payment up front, but monthly payments are deferred until the end of your program so you can focus on school without the stress of making payments. Contact our admissions team to learn more about APC Deferred Loans or to start your Student Loan Application.
- 529 SAVING PLAN: The 529 Savings Plan is a great savings tool for post-secondary programs, but The APC does not qualify as an Approved Withdrawal. If a tradition program is not something in your future, we offer a 10% discount to cover any withdrawal penalties to attend our school.
- A+ SCHOLARSHIP: We want to commend you for your hard work and dedication to community service! Although, you cannot use this State Program for our school, we will still help by offering 10% off any program for students who have earned the A+ Scholarhsip.
- 2 IS BETTER THAN 1: Bring a friend with you along your adventure at The APC and we will give both students 10% off their program of choice. Both students must begin in the same month.
- HIGH SCHOOL PARTNERS: Graduates of one of our partner schools receive 10% off any program. Copy of Diploma required. Current schools that qualify: South and North County Technical.
- EMPLOYER DISCOUNT: The APC gets many students that are sponsored, financed or even paid for by their employer. It is our goal to help support local pet businesses and help them find rock star employees, so we offer a 25% discount to employers for sponsoring a student, as well as students who have a job guaranteed for them when they graduate. To be eligible, all we need is a signed “Letter of Intent” or Employee Contract from your employer.
- EVENT PROMOTIONS: The APC offers the occassional discount, ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 at in-house events such as our Open Houses. Event announcements are sent out via email and can be found on our event calendar. These discounts expire after 1 year of receipt and can be put towards any program.
- SHELTER/RESCUE VOLUNTEER: In our effort to promote Pet Empowerment and to help save the lives of pets, the APC is offering up to $3,000 off tuition for students who dedicate time volunteering at a pet shelter or rescue. Students will receive $1,000 off tuition for every 50 hours volunteered (must be unpaid and within 3 years of applying). To receive this discount, proof of hours worked must be provided and verified by the rescue/shelter. Not combinable with other discounts. Not valid on Pet Empowerment or Bather/Brusher Programs.
Triumph Over Adversity Scholarship
The Triumph Over Adversity Scholarship will be awarded to a candidate who has shown true courage when faced with personal hardship. The ideal candidate is one who has challenged themselves, who hasn't been put down by their unfortunate circumstances, and who wants to make a difference in the world.
Adversity can come in many forms, so we leave it up to you to share what has prevented you from obtaining your life's goals. One person will earn full tuition scholarship for any program at The Academy of Pet Careers valued up to $20,000. Additional fees may apply for housing and equipment, but all tuition costs will be covered so you can start your new career without the burden of school debt.
Hannelore Bugby Scholarship for Female Entrepreneurs
Hannelore Bugby is the embodiment of the entrepreneurial spirit. As the founder of The Academy of Pet Careers, she paved the way for young women at a time when the business world was unwelcoming of female entrepreneurs. She continues to invent ideas and invest herself in new opportunities, whether they be in pet care, real estate, or summer camps for young entrepreneurs looking to follow her example.
We offer this scholarship in honor of the woman who made us possible and in hope that we can bring another young entrepreneur closer to her dream. Once per year, Hannelore Bugby will hand-select a student who aspires to start their own business. That student will receive a full tuition scholarship for any program at The Academy of Pet Careers valued up to $20,000.